Head to Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Lounge for dinner and a show that you won’t soon forget. The hibachi chef loves the looks on diners’ faces as they watch the flames explode from the famous onion volcano. It’s one of the top tricks you’ll see at Shinto. Start by checking out all of the hibachi meals that include a meat of choice, two flaming shrimp, vegetables, soup and rice. You’ll always find a tempting dish to choose, plus you’ll watch an amazing show as you dine.
How the Flaming Onion Volcano is Performed
Preparation is key with the flaming onion volcano trick. To complete the preparation, you must:
- Peel and slice the onion into rings.
- Separate all of the rings.
- Stack the rings back up so that they form the volcano.
- Unstack the rings and put the onion back together so that it looks like one slice.
- Move the onion slice to the grill.
Now, it’s time to start pulling off this hibachi trick for the guests:
- Place the slice of onion down on the grill.
- Use the spatula and fork and separate the rings.
- Stack them on top of each other to form the volcano again.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into the center of the volcano.
- Add some 80-proof vodka to the top of the oil.
- Use a lighter and light the vodka, which in turn lights the oil.
- Once the oil has burned off, the flames will go out. Sliding the onion volcano to a new spot on the hibachi grill also extinguishes the flames.
Other Culinary Tricks You Don’t Want to Miss
The hibachi chef has many more tricks to entertain diners. How about the shrimp tail in the hat? In this trick, the chef uses expert skills removing the tail from the sizzling shrimp and catching it in his hat. It’s a great way to show off the chef’s impeccable knife skills.
Another fun trick to catch when you dine at Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Lounge is the rice heart. Using spatulas, a mound of fried rice is shaped into a flawless heart. With the larger spatula slid beneath the rice, the chef can even make the rice heart look like it’s beating. Pretty cool!
Keep in mind that each hibachi show and chef is unique to your dining experience. You never know what to expect when walking in, besides having a good time and a delicious meal!
Experience all of the hibachi tricks up close. Book a table at Shinto Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Lounge today. Be sure to check out our happy hour deals and daily specials. Dine on Tuesday when hibachi meals are discounted. There are also family hibachi specials that include dessert if you’re dining in a group of four or more.